Green Building Products
A Summary of the Residential Energy Credit
Recently, Congress extended the Energy Efficiency Tax Incentives for metal roofs placed in service between January 1, 2011 through December 31, 2016. ASC Building Products would like to use our knowledge of the metal roofing industry to communicate the revisions of this money-saving opportunity to our valued customers. With this available credit, the cost of installing a qualifying energy efficient metal roof is now within reach of millions of homeowners.
Details for Homeowner Tax Credits
- All Energy Star qualified residential metal roofing placed on existing homes is eligible for a 10% tax credit, up to $500 of the material cost. (Installation or labor costs are not included.)
- Qualifying energy-efficient steel roofing must be “placed in service” (installed), beginning January 1, 2011 through December 31, 2016. Any energy-efficient steel roofing installed after Dec 31 2016 is not eligible for this federal tax credit.
- The Federal Tax incentive is a Credit, not a deduction, meaning it reduces the amount of tax for which you are liable.
Benefits of Purchasing an Energy Efficient Steel Roof
- ASC Building Products Cool Dura Tech® paint systems decreases energy consumption during the summer by reflecting infra red sunlight, reducing the demand for air conditioning during the hot summer months.
- In addition to the tax credit mentioned above, Photovoltaic Systems are also eligible for tax credits. These systems are often times installed over standing seam profiles, such as ASC Building Products, Skyline Roofing® and Design Span® hp.
Qualifying colors and applications
- Low slope applications of metal roofing product purchased with Dura Tech xl paint system in Winter White.
- Steep slope applications of metal roofing product purchased with with Dura Tech mx paint system in Copper Penny, Dura Tech nt in Surf White, or Dura Tech xl in Blackberry, Canyon Red, Chesnut Brown, Classic Brown, Cypress Green, Denali Green, Desert Beige, Everglade, Forest Green, Lightstone, Old Town Gray, Rustic Red, Slate Gray, Tahoe Blue, Tumbleweed, Weathered Copper or Winter White.
How to Become Eligible for the Available Tax Credit
- Find a distributor of an ASCBP energy-efficient roof system who can help you through the purchase process.
- Once installed, fill out IRS tax form 5695 (Residential Energy Credits) to apply for the available credit.
* Disclaimer: ASC Building Products is not a financial advisor, nor do we give financial advice. Please consult your financial representative and the IRS website for further details.
- Download and print a copy of the paint Manufacturer’s Certification on www.ascbp.com/green as your record of accordance with the tax credit requirements.
- Click on the following link for additional information you may need to make use of the federal income tax incentives for energy efficient products and technologies.